Thursday, March 31, 2011

Patterns, Stripes, and Spring

 I tend to be aesthetically bi-polar.  Most of the things I like are black and lately I have been riding the wave of platforms, drapey frocks, leggings OR hot pants and tights.  However, I am REALLY loving STRIPES and PATTERNS everywhere for Spring/Summer and I am in the mood to be girlie. Platforms - Check.  Flowy Bell Skirt - Check.  Stripes - Check.  Image of me playing dress up (without a head) followed by a few doses of inspiration.Striiiiipeeess....
 
My skirt was made by designer Ariadne Fish, a friend and collaborator from college (you might of seen her on Project Runway 2 seasons ago).  She was using a lot of tribalesque prints with a hybrid of retro and contemporary lines around this time, and this skirt was part of a fashion show we did together about 7 years ago. <3

  




No comments:

Adirondack Chairs | Recycled Adirondack Chairs | Adirondack Furniture